Sean is a Director of the Business Advisory division and is based in our Gosford office. For over 20 years, Sean has been delivering quality business advisory services to his clients, particularly those that pertain to the Health, Property and Construction, Agribusiness, Retirement villages, Child Care sectors.
Sean Mulligan has been in the accounting profession since 1989. Sean became a Chartered Accountant in 1997 and commenced sole practice in 2003. Sean has experience advising small businesses, professionals, investors as well as self-funded retirees. Sean also holds extensive expertise in advising clients on business and investment structuring, taxation planning and asset protection. He advises a lot of clients on the substantial tax and superannuation concessions available on the sale of a small to medium business.
Sean Mulligan is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
“I am motivated by helping clients generate wealth and providing the very best service possible”
Before joining RSM, Sean was a partner at an accounting firm for 15 years and worked at various other firms before this.
Sean enjoys all things franking credits and lists his interests as AFL, soccer, cricket, and military history!
SOLUTIONS SEAN PROVIDES
- Business Planning
- Succession Planning and Estate Planning
- Family Wealth and Private Client
- Self-Managed Superannuation
- Helped a client structure a large business acquisition that was tax efficient and also protected the existing business from any potential liabilities.
- Referred a corporate client to the R&D tax team at RSM, which delivered the client substantial tax concessions. Sean reports such an achievement would not have been possible on his own, highlighting the benefits of being part of a national firm.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member, Self Managed Super Fund Association
- Pride of Workmanship - Gosford West Rotary Club
- Bachelor of Business majoring in Professional Accounting
- Accounting Professional Year Program - CAANZ
- SMSF Specialist Advisor - SMSF Association