Tim Gumbleton is widely sought out to assist businesses and individuals throughout the majority of NSW and VIC struggling with too much debt to find solutions to restore solvency or in some cases, close the business with as little complication and risk as possible.
Tim's role sees him travel throughout the regions guiding individuals and businesses out of financial difficulty, providing insolvency and associated debt solutions, resolving disputes that arise in business, undertaking corporate reviews, investigations and improving the governance and financial performance of not-for-profit organisations, Indigenous Corporations, Registered Clubs and various other community-controlled entities.
Mobile Service Locations:
Albury/Wodonga, Alice Springs, Bendigo, Broken Hill, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Griffith, Hunter/New England, Lismore, Mildura, Newcastle, Northern NSW, Orange/Bathurst, Port Macquarie, Shepparton, Sydney, Tamworth/Armidale, Wagga Wagga, and Western Sydney.
Tim has been employed in the accounting and insolvency profession continuously since he left university, having commenced his career with a small firm in Canberra before moving to RSM in 2008.
“From an early age, I was surrounded by Clubs and not-for-profit organisations, agribusiness, and also the culture and heritage of growing up in a small country town in Western NSW that was once also the site of an Aboriginal mission. As such, I am uniquely positioned to pursue improved outcomes for Indigenous businesses, Clubs, and not-for-profit organisations that may not be functioning as well as they could. My role is at times the difference between a business continuing or closing forever.”
Tim comes from a rural background and has spent a lot of time working on farms. One of his most memorable roles to date was his three-year stint during University holidays working with Bartters Enterprises,(which is now better known as Baiada/Steggles). For those that have stepped foot in those sheds with 10,000 hens and 2,000 roosters will attest, Tim finds his office job a bit easier!
To his clients and wider network, Tim is recommended for his independent and pragmatic advice, including his demonstrated ability to resolve disputes, develop and implement complex debt solutions and manage sensitive and commercial financial and governance issues.
Tim is often sought out to resolve commercial and business disputes and in the past has been labelled a "corporate umpire". Perhaps then it is not surprising that in his spare time, Tim also umpires cricket in the NSW Premier Cricket Competition in Sydney!
In his spare time, Tim is a major sports fanatic who enjoys cricket, basketball, golf, tennis, AFL, and Rugby (just to name a few!).
Solutions Tim provides
- Organisational reviews and developing remedial action plans
- Corporate and Personal Insolvency including both voluntary (debtor initiated) and creditor initiated appointments such as liquidations, voluntary administrations, and receiverships
- Amalgamations and associated transition plans
- Special Administrations under the CATSI Act
- Funds Administration and Grant Controller roles
- Capacity building, including restructuring organisations and implementing new governance models
- Investigations, examinations, fraud and forensic accounting
- Mentoring, business plans, and due diligence
Tim has worked extensively throughout Australia across a wide range of sectors, including helping clients in metropolitan, regional, and exceptionally remote areas. This has included Cape York, North Queensland, Western Australia, Victoria, and smaller communities within New South Wales.
One major project was with a Government Department to restructure and turnaround an Indigenous Health Service in a remote Indigenous community in Cape York (QLD). This project period was in excess of 12 months and culminated in the restoration of Government funding, sound operations, and strong governance. Tim spent weeks at a time in the community and had the opportunity to participate in community activities including touch football and Christmas celebrations.
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- NSW ILGA Recognised Insolvency Practitioner
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Chairperson and Independent Member of Wagga Wagga City Council’s Audit and Risk Committee 2012-2017
- CA Country Chair Riverina 2009-2014
- Member, Personal Insolvency Professionals Association (PIPA)
- Director, Wagga RSL Club Limited 2017-2019
- Director and Treasurer of the Wagga Wagga Business Chamber 2009-2011
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting (University of Canberra)
- Chartered accountant
- Registered liquidator