Tom is a chartered accountant and has worked with RSM since 2000. He is a senior manager within the Business Advisory division, consulting from RSM in Fremantle.
In his time with RSM, Tom has developed extensive experience in business consultancy and taxation. As well as working in the Perth CBD, he has spent several years in both regional and metropolitan offices. This has left him with a genuine care for people and an ability to communicate complex advice on the application of taxation and other business-related legislation in a personable and understandable manner.
With his friendly professional manner, Tom continues to establish strong alliances with many other professionals who he can refer clients to for such services as legal, marketing, finance broking, book-keeping, human resources, mediation and negotiation and much more.
Solutions Tom provides
Tom is experienced in providing clients with:
- advice on applying taxation and business-related legislation
- assistance in obtaining and/or maintaining sound financial health
- advice on appropriately structuring a business/investment with all taxation, succession, legal and practical elements considered
- quality financial statements (interim and annual) that are carefully communicated for the clients’ understanding
- completion of, or assistance with, all taxation lodgement compliance including income tax, goods and services tax, pay-as-you-go tax, fringe benefits tax, pay-roll tax and other state government duty taxes
- practical on-the-ground assistance with general data processing and 'top-up' accounting package training
- strategic planning such as cash-flow budgeting, targeting and monitoring performance
- advice on best practice internal controls and board governance
Tom has featured in the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce and the City of Fremantle's 'Set the Month in Motion' podcast, a monthly Q&A forum which aims to support Fremantle businesses with subsidised training, support and mentoring under their new program, ‘Business Building Capacity’. Listen to the first podcast on navigating tight cash flow below.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Management
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Diploma of Business Studies
- Certificate of Basic Income Tax Preparation with H&R Block
- Food and retail
- Manufacturing and wholesale
- Mining and construction services
- Professional consultancy services
- Aged care