With any significant transaction involving an acquisition, disposal or merger, it's important that companies plan for and manage the tax risks to avoid unpleasant surprises. Even more so in respect of cross-border transactions where the tax risks are not limited to a single jurisdiction.
At RSM, we take a proactive approach to transaction support, starting with proper tax planning and a rigorous review of the relevant tax issues. In the end, your company wants to enhance its value from the transaction - a view that we share.
Our commercial focus together with our international network of tax professionals can provide efficient tax planning and transaction support services, from the planning stage to completion.
Our tax planning and transaction support services include:
- Transaction structuring to maximise tax efficiencies including cross-border structuring
- Pre-acquisition tax due diligence reviews to identify potential tax exposures
- Vendor tax due diligence to prepare a company or business for disposal
- Identification of tax issues to be addressed in transaction documents such as tax warranties and liaising with lawyers
- Advice on financing the transaction to manage the debt/equity mix and optimise cashflow
Danette Cheung is the National Head of Tax at RSM Australia and is also a Director of the Tax Services division in Sydney. Danette has extensive experience, having been a senior tax manager at a number of listed companies.