Based in our Perth office, Dan Hutchens is a Director of the Risk Advisory division, specialising in providing internal audit and assurance services for both the public and private sectors.
Dan is passionate about designing customised governance, risk, ESG, and internal audit solutions that take into account each organisation’s unique context.
“I'm motivated by the challenges of modern business and the sheer diversity of my clients and colleagues. I value their diverse thoughts and personalities.”
Having delivered numerous co-sourced and outsourced internal audits throughout his career, Dan has worked with clients in a range of industries, including mining, IT, education, government, and aged care.
With 25 years experience as an internal audit practitioner, Dan has an advanced governance understanding and the ability to see governance and risk through multiple lenses – corporate, government and NFP.
Prior to joining RSM, Dan was the Director of Risk Management at UWA where he was responsible for the University’s internal auditing needs and managing their risk management framework. Dan also chaired UWA’s Critical Incident Management Team.
When he is not conducting internal audits, you may find Dan cycling or on and off the squash court!
Dan Hutchens is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
SOLUTIONS DAN HUTCHENS PROVIDES
- Internal audit
- Crisis management and business continuity
- Governance, risk, and controls
- Enterprise risk management
- Carbon & sustainability risk advisory
- Fraud and forensic services
- Risk Advisory Services in Perth
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member Institute of Internal Auditors
- Bachelor of Commerce - double majors in Accounting and Finance (The University of Western Australia)
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD, Order of Merit - top 5% in Australia, 2012)