Dan leads our Risk Advisory practice in Western Australia and has more than 20 years’ experience in internal auditing in the public and private sectors. Dan joined RSM from UWA where he was the Director Risk Management. This role was responsible for UWA’s internal auditing needs and also managed UWA’s risk management framework. Dan also chaired UWA’s Critical Incident Management Team.
Dan’s career in public practice has seen him deliver numerous co-sourced and outsourced internal audits across a range of industries including mining, consumer products, IT, telecommunications and media. These audits involved market leaders such as BHP Billiton, Fujitsu, James Hardie, France Telecom, Woolworths and Southcorp Wines (now Treasury Wine Estates).
Dan’s audit experience in the mining, construction and engineering sectors has included work in the UK for the Law Gibb Engineering Group and Beazer Homes. In Australia his experience includes work for BHP Billiton, John Holland, Cape Bouvard Investments (Sarich), Aevum Aged Care Group and the Crane Group Limited. Dan led the probity processes during a complex feasibility study for a combined office/retail precinct worth more than $300m.
Dan has delivered a broad range of governance services including:
- co-sourced and outsourced internal audits
- risk framework and appetite development
- strategic, operational and project risk assessments
- governance structure and process reviews
- process improvement and value-for-money reviews
- WA leader, RSM Risk Advisory
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member Institute of Internal Auditors
- Bachelor of Commerce - double majors in Accounting and Finance (The University of Western Australia)
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD, Order of Merit - top 5% in Australia, 2012)