Danette is a Director of the Tax Services division in Sydney, having previously been a tax principal at Deloitte. Through a number of secondment arrangements, Danette has been a senior tax manager at a number of listed companies.
Danette Cheung is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Danette provides
Danette's tax expertise is diverse, extending from transaction based advisory to international tax planning, tax compliance, transfer pricing and tax related drafting. She has a particular focus on the energy, infrastructure and resources industries.
- Advised a significant ASX listed entity on the acquisition of another ASX listed entity in relation to the income and indirect tax implications associated with the transaction
- Advised a consortium of investors on the acquisition of an infrastructure maintenance business involving numerous entity types and investors located throughout Asia and Europe
- Advised a global on-line media business in relation to the acquisition and integration of several businesses and entities; including undertaking due diligence, attending to transactional documentation and attending to stamp duty and tax consolidation requirements
- Advised a UK listed entity on the disposal of its Australian operations; including undertaking vendor due diligence, attending to outstanding tax compliance and documentation, negotiating tax warranties and indemnities and related drafting
- Represented various clients with respect to their dealings with domestic and foreign tax authorities, culminating in successful outcomes for her clients
- Advised numerous non resident taxpayers in relation to their Australian tax obligations and assisted with the preparation of associated computations and tax lodgements
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of NSW
- Member, NSW Law Society
- Member, The Tax Institute, Australia
- Member, CPA Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of New South Wales)
- Bachelor of Law (University of New South Wales)
- Master of Law (University of Sydney)