Darren is a Director and the National Head of Cyber Security and Privacy Risk Services in Melbourne.
Darren has delivered security and privacy assessments across multiple countries for large multinational corporations, and locally for Australian based organisations in both the public and private sectors across all industries.
"I enjoy translating cyber security risks into business language, combining my deep technology risk knowledge with high-impact communications to c-suite and board levels."
He has worked on an extensive range of technology risk management projects including technical security assessments, governance and strategy, data privacy, third-party risk, cloud security assessments and risk strategy, cybersecurity, and much more.
Darren is also currently supporting the Consumer Data Right (CDR) accreditation for Open Banking and Open Energy applicants seeking unrestricted, sponsor/affiliate, or principal/representative agent access.
Residing in a little beach town in Mornington Peninsula, Darren loves spending his free time with his family and five children.
Prior to joining RSM, Darren worked for a global internal audit and risk consulting firm for over 12 years in London and Melbourne, where he led the Melbourne office’s IT internal audit, technology risk, and data analytics solutions.
Darren Booth is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
- Professional Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Internal Audit Quality Assessment Reviewer
- Masters of Engineering and Management (University of Manchester)