Frank is the National Head of Restructuring & Recovery and Director at RSM Australia, and has been with the firm since 1991. He is well known and respected in the Canberra community for his down-to-earth and open-door approach, and the ability to find solutions to even the most complex financial challenges.
Frank Lo Pilato is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Frank is a registered liquidator and registered bankruptcy trustee and is highly skilled in guiding individuals and directors through personal insolvency, bankruptcy, or corporate insolvency.
“All my initial client meetings are free because I want to understand a person’s situation so I can provide guidance on their options. Sometimes we resolve the issue then and there and they can move forward with recovery on their own. I enjoy listening to people because it helps me give the right advice, and I never consider any job too big or too small – I work with everyone.”
With more than 30 years’ experience in insolvency and restructuring and recovery, Frank has a deep understanding of Australian financial and corporate laws. He is passionate about helping people get through times of hardship and developing a plan so they can move forward with confidence.
In his spare time, you’ll find Frank at a Canberra Raiders or Brumbies game or watching sport on TV. Frank’s wife often jokes that he suffers from sport FOMO (fear of missing out) – leading him to watch or attend anything from Euro football to the Super Bowl.
Solutions Frank provides
Frank has considerable experience in the areas of corporate reviews, accounting, and insolvency services. His experience includes the following areas:
- individual bankruptcy solutions
- family business insolvency solutions
- corporate insolvency solutions
- restructuring and recovery advice strategic and business reviews
- turnaround management and workout advice
- valuations and investigations
- due diligence reviews
- formal insolvency appointments as governed by the Corporations Act
- expert witness
- bankruptcy – the conduct of formal personal administrations as governed by the Bankruptcy Act
- part X arrangements under the Bankruptcy Act
Frank's experience extends to a wide range of projects in the following industries:
- building and construction
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs
- information technology
- restaurants and cafes
- pubs and clubs
- government-funded not-for-profit
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Economics (ANU)
- Registered company liquidator
- Official liquidator
- Registered trustee in bankruptcy