Joanne is a Director in the Business Advisory division in Albany. Joanne joined RSM in 2000 with a background in business services and commercial accounting and is now a Director in the Business Advisory division in Albany.
Joanne Gilbert is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Joanne’s family continue to farm the property in Katanning where Joanne was raised. This connection to a farming business has seen Joanne develop an interest in farming technology, updated farming practices as well as assisting farming families with succession planning and related business advisory services.
"Change is happening in business at a rapid pace. I enjoy spending time working with my clients to find solutions in both business management and business planning that simplify their lives. This involves demystifying the succession planning and restructuring process as well as working with different generations in the one business to manage their business into the future".
Before joining RSM, Joanne worked in the financial services team at a major university.
Joanne also works with businesses across the practice in various industries such as transport and logistics, technology, building and retail.
Jo has held various roles in community organisations including:
- Director, South Coast Natural Resource Management Inc.
- Board, Albany Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Committee Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors Great Southern Committee
- Finance Committee, Great Southern Grammar
Outside of work, Joanne enjoys travelling with her family to different parts of the country and going home to the family farm. Spending time in the wide-open spaces and taking a break from her busy work life. Joanne's sporting commitments consist of driving her two boys to their various sporting commitments, with her free time revolving around them.
In October 2019, Joanne was announced as the inaugural winner of the Australian Institute of Company Directors' (AICD) Regional Director of Excellence in the Not-for-Profit sector.
Solutions Joanne provides
Joanne provides taxation consulting and compliance services in the following areas:
- business solutions including income tax, capital gains tax and GST
- rural accounting
- tax planning
- succession planning
- superannuation consulting
Joanne has a keen interest in assisting farming businesses to develop efficiencies in their financial management and gain insights into their business through the use of technology and forecasting tools.
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting (Murdoch University)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors Course
- Australia Institue of Directors Regional Director of Excellence in the Not for Profit Sector (2019)