Joanne Wynne is a Principal in the Tax Services division in Perth.
Joanne has worked in the profession since 1997 and joined RSM in 1999. Joanne has facilitated the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand taxation module and has also lectured undergraduate and postgraduate taxation units at Curtin University.
"I enjoy working with clients to find solutions to complex tax issues and seeing their businesses grow."
Joanne's music taste is still stuck in the 90's and she loves to travel in her spare time.
Solutions Joanne provides
Joanne provides taxation consulting and compliance services in the following areas:
- income tax
- capital gains tax
- international tax
- fringe benefits tax
- goods and services tax
- tax consolidation
- taxation advice concerning the viability of an international corporation establishing a holding company in Singapore for its operating companies situated in Australia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand
- taxation advice concerning the capital gains tax implications for partners of a partnership (a mix of companies and individuals) resulting from the disposal of their interests in a business (being a classified newspaper published on a weekly basis). The business was subsequently sold for approximately $14m
- scrip for scrip advice to a listed public company in relation to the proposed disposal of its IP for in excess of $30m
- tax structuring advice to various listed public companies in relation to investing in exploration projects in Uruguay, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine
- providing Australian and international tax advice to an Australian mining company establishing a mine in the Philippines
- leading the tax due diligence of a large Agricultural machinery dealership - transaction value $19 million
- advising on the income tax and capital gains tax issues associated with a subsidiary leaving a tax consolidated group
- assisting clients who have been subject to ATO Streamlined Assurance Reviews and Tax Audits.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow, The Tax Institute
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting and Business Law (Curtin University)
- 2019 FINALIST, Tax Institute's SME Tax Advisor of the year award