As a Director in the Business Advisory division of RSM in Sydney, Mark is a trusted advisor with extensive experience providing tax and accounting solutions to private and family groups, enterprises in the SME and large corporate spaces, and across a wide range of industries and markets.
Working closely with his clients, Mark delivers results and outcomes that make a real difference to their personal and business goals.
Mark also oversees the Strategic Outsourcing team in Sydney, which provides specialist Strategic Outsourcing solutions for clients incorporating their day-to-day accounting, sophisticated management reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, payroll, and advisory needs. Mark provides these services for a mix of local businesses of all sizes, and foreign inbound businesses looking to establish a framework for the management of their local compliance requirements.
"I am motivated by seeing my clients succeed in ways that they would not have been able to without the ability to leverage the experience, technical knowledge, solutions, and client service that RSM is able to provide."
Prior to life at RSM, Mark started his career in the Big 4, moving from there to a consultancy role working in Sydney and New York, before making a home at RSM where he has been for the past ten years.
Outside of work Mark plays plenty of sports, with a love of mountain biking. He is on the board of a large Sydney rugby club, but mostly, he enjoys time spent with his wife and two kids.
Mark Nichols is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Mark NICHOLS provides
- Taxation and accounting compliance and specialist tax advisory services.
- International tax advisory services.
- Strategic Outsourcing services.
- Private business structure, sale, and acquisition advisory services.
- Business advisory and consulting services, including working with business owners and CFOs to improve their reporting tools, their understanding of their business, and to assist them to grow, improving profit and business value.
- Private client advisory services including personal taxation, family office, family groups structure, SMSF compliance, succession planning, and other services to assist family groups and individual taxpayers.
- Assisting a high-net-worth private client with streamlined compliance management, family office solutions, and succession planning to ensure the sustainability of the family business and assets for the next generation.
- Restructuring of multiple private business groups in the SME space to tax effective structures, assisting business owners with asset protection, succession planning, and operating efficiencies.
- Assisting a large multinational construction company with the establishment of full scope local accounting operations in Australia, and provision of ongoing Strategic Outsourcing solutions.
- Management of full accounting and finance functions on behalf of project investors in Australian infrastructure PPPs.
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Business