Pat is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Sydney.
He joined RSM in 2011 following the merger with Guild Accountants. Pat initially worked with Andersen’s for eight years in the corporate recovery division before joining KPMG in their strategic vision group, servicing publicly listed clients in Australia and Asia-Pacific.
He subsequently spent six years in London as an executive director of a private health care group that had operations in the UK and Republic of Ireland before he returned to Australia and joined Guild Accountants.
Pat Flanagan is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
"My career has always been about transformation – converting under-performing businesses into high-growth ones by identifying new opportunities whether it’s a new market or through innovation."
Pat advises SME owners on how to acquire, structure and divest businesses, raise capital, improve financial performance to maximize enterprise value, and implement succession plans.
Pat aims to support company owners, senior management and board members in their business objectives and has experience across a range of businesses in the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors including IT&C, manufacturing, construction, health care, retail, family office and mining services.
Pat is tragically passionate about the Sydney Swans, having been raised in Melbourne and supported them at Lakeside Oval when he was a young boy and they were then known as "South Melbourne".
Solutions Patrick provides
- Strategic and tactical reviews
- Entity structuring advice
- Acquisition/divestment planning and implementation
- Due diligence investigations
- Balance sheet management and profitability improvement strategies
- Business valuations and growth strategies
- Annual accounts and tax compliance
- Adviser to a specialist mining services business on structuring, financing and acquisition strategies. The business has grown from revenues of $1m in a single division to $24m in four years from three divisions.
- Adviser to construction business with revenues growing from $50m, to best of class $120m over two years.
- Provided specialist advice on pre-divestment strategy to manufacturing business owners, resulting in net sale proceeds to the vendor increasing from $12m to $17m.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Melbourne