Audit and consultancy of CHP plants and district heating supplies
Financial reporting in accordance with the Danish Financial Statements Act and the Heat Supply Act are important management areas in district heating companies and combined heat and power plants. This also applies to a large extent to financial management and not least budgeting.
RSM has, thanks to many years of experience, provided assistance with both auditing and assistance with the presentation of the accounts, as well as statutory declaration tasks. In connection with consulting the works, we have, among other things. extensive experience in assistance with budget systems and budgeting at district heating plants.
From our offices, we currently operate a number of large and small district heating plants and combined heat and power plants. We place great emphasis on close personal contact with the heating plants and on always being completely up to date with the latest knowledge, and we know that our customers appreciate just the close contact.
Auditor with unique knowledge in CHP plants and district heating supplies
In connection with the audit of the heating plant's annual accounts, we can offer our assistance in a large number of areas, including:
- Preparation of annual accounts
- Advice on and preparation of taxable income, as well as filling in and submitting a tax return to SKAT
- Preparation of budget for the Danish Energy Regulatory Authority
- Preparation and audit of price verification for the Danish Energy Regulatory Authority
- Submission of various material to the Danish Energy Regulatory Authority
- Advice in connection with investment and financing, including contact to KommuneKredit or another financial institution
- Advice on improving internal controls and administrative procedures at the plant
- Advice on the ongoing financial management and reporting, including about choices within the special rules in the Heat Supply Act incl. associated executive orders and guidelines, i.a. around depreciation and provisions
- Calculations in connection with a member / shareholder's resignation
- Accounting assistance, including calculation of VAT and reimbursable energy taxes
- Attendance at board meetings and general meetings
- Price verification and self-evaluation
- Unrestricted and restricted equity
- Construction management and tender rules