RSM - EXCLUSIVE ACFE AUTHORISED TRAINER FOR ANTI-FRAUD TRAINING COURSES
Contract and Procurement Fraud seminar
The rise in contract management and the outsourcing of goods and services has created an increase in procurement fraud, which can occur at any stage of the contracting and procurement process.
Appropriate controls, fraud prevention strategies and proper tendering processes are necessary in the fight against this fraud. This 2-day seminar will teach you the best practices for preventing, detecting and investigating contract and procurement fraud.
Organisations can be defrauded through collusion among bidders, between employers and contractors, and by sole procurement employees. Consequently, you need to be aware of the vulnerabilities and risks associated with fraud schemes that attack the purchasing, procurement and contract functions. Acquire the knowledge, skills and techniques you need to prevent, detect and deter these devastating frauds.
You will learn...
- Determine if a procurement scheme violates legal statutes or civil laws.
- Identify the red flags of bribery and corruption.
- Recognize bid-rigging and market-allocation schemes.
- Reduce the risk of vendor fraud.
- Develop an investigation plan to respond to suspected procurement fraud.
Who should attend?
- Government procurement officers
- Internal and external auditors, CPAs and CAs
- Professionals and educators seeking knowledge of fraud in the procurement process
- Forensic and management accountants, accounts payable and financial analysts
- Controllers and corporate managers
- Governance, risk management and compliance officers
- Attorneys, legal professionals and law enforcement personnel
- Detectives and private investigators
- Certified Fraud Examiners and other anti-fraud professionals
Meet the authorised trainers
Roger Darvall-Stevens | National Head of Fraud & Forensics Services
Roger is the National Head of Fraud & Forensic Services at RSM. Roger has over 25 years of experience in forensic investigations and forensic accounting, fraud, bribery & corruption control, related training, forensic IT, compliance (including foreign bribery and corruption risk), and corporate security.
Milind Sheth | Senior Manager, Fraud & Forensics Services
Milind Sheth is a Senior Manager of Fraud & Forensic Services. He has over 10 years of forensic experience including manager roles working at one of the ‘Big 4’ accounting firms in forensic and risk services, and a mid-tier accounting firm in integrity services.
Stephanie Basile | Assistant Manager, Fraud & Forensics Services
Stephanie is an Assistant Manager of Fraud & Forensic Services. She has over 5 years experience including roles in forensic accounting engagements, forensic investigations and both external and internal audits.