Indigenous Corporation Advisory and Support Services
RSM is one of Australia’s largest professional services providers servicing an extensive list of Government Departments in conjunction with Indigenous businesses, corporations and other not for profits.
We deliver expert personal and corporate financial and advisory, audit, accounting and consulting services to clients across diverse industry sectors right across the country including into the remotest of indigenous communities.
Our staff have undertaken dedicated cultural awareness training to assist in undertaking our engagements.
FIND AN ADVISER
Our team is skilled and experienced in providing professional services that are sensitive and appropriate to the needs of people from culturally diverse backgrounds. We also engage and utilise dedicated Indigenous consultants and organisations as and when required in completing our engagements.
Demonstrating our remote engagement capability and experience, we have undertaken high profile engagements in regions including the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, Alice Springs and the remote communities of the Central Desert Region of Western Australia, Cape York, the Far West and North West regions of NSW, North Queensland, regional Victoria, Northern Territory and regional South Australia.
Such exposure has allowed us to more fully understand the issues facing Indigenous people in Australia today including education, housing and health and to respond positively with a view to promoting opportunities and delivering appropriate support services and solutions.
Our Indigenous Business Advisory and Support Services has included extensive experience in providing contractor services such as corporate governance, business improvement, Virtual CFO and business turnaround strategies to Indigenous businesses directly or in conjunction with and the support of Government Departments such as NSWALC, ORIC, Indigenous Business Australia, Department of Health and the Queensland Department of Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
Our approach to our engagements involves clear and transparent communication offering value for money in a culturally appropriate manner with the focus on finding solutions and improving businesses.
A summary of the services that we provide to Indigenous Businesses and/or on behalf of external funding or other industry bodies includes:
- Corporate governance support and advisory including board mentoring, capacity building and training/development.
- Business and Corporate Health Checks.
- Acquittals, bookkeeping and associated financial support services.
- Amalgamations, mergers and transitions from incorporated associations to ORIC or ASIC registered corporations.
- Business and Strategic Plans and coordination of Community Land & Business Plans.
- Virtual CFO, CEO and associated support services.
- Community engagement initiatives.
- Amendments to Rule Books and Constitutions.
- Business structure support and risk management.
- Crisis management and dispute resolution.
- Audits, Financial Investigations and Examinations.
- Business viability and improvement services.
- Feasibility studies.
- Project management.
- Business Turnaround and Restructuring.
- Funds Administrator and Grant Controller services.
- Special Administrations and Administrations.
- Risk assessments and code of conduct development and implementation.
- Business reviews and organisation change management.
- Corporate wind ups.
Our professionals are here to help with queries around any business issues.
If you need assistance or have any questions about our advisory team or services, contact us by filling out the enquiry form.