With extensive experience in both the local and international markets and expertise across a range of industries IT audit, cyber security, data analytics and risk management at both RSM Australia and other prominent consulting and international corporate organisations, Riaan is a security and privacy specialist working with the Risk Advisory team in Perth.
He is a trusted advisor to many medium and large organisations to supply practical cyber security, technology risk and assurance consulting services.
“Having experience across various industries of both private and public companies performing various cyber, IT and security engagements, consulting and advisory services for more than 20 years, I thrive on helping organisations achieve their governance goals, improve their security posture and implement better and practical control frameworks that are fit for purpose and practical.”
When Riaan’s brain is not spinning a million-miles-an-hour with practical and innovative ideas you can find him having a barbeque with family and friends, camping, four wheel driving, watching sport and basically any activity that gets him outdoors.
Solutions Riaan provides
- Cyber security
- IT audit
- Internal & project audit
- IT Risk management & governance services
- Data analytics
- Performed and managed various Cyber Security reviews, Cyber Strategy development, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident Response, Cyber Resilience reviews, Security gap analysis and specialised security engagements for various medium to large organisations in various industries based on NIST, COBIT, ISO and other relevant industry standards and frameworks
- Developing and implementing strategies and frameworks including governance, risk, IT security, assurance (IT & Project Audit), policy, project management, process modelling, change management, software development and enterprise architecture and Information Management Systems in various medium to large organisations in various industries
- Embedded data analytics into internal audit programmes and transformed internal audit functions using traditional internal audit techniques to continuous monitoring through data analytics.
- Provided assurance for various large and complex business projects including national, international consolidation and migration of key financial, operational and legacy systems from various providers, technology and infrastructure platforms for various industries.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- The International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2
- Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- ISO/IEC 2700 Practitioner
- Certified Process Professional (CPP)
- Certified Enterprise Architect
- Certificates in Prince2, Agile PM, COBIT, ITIL, ACL