Self Managed Superannuation
Due to the ageing population in Australia the Government has focused its retirement policies towards self-funding retirement.
Significant incentives are provided in order to encourage people to save towards their retirement, with the incentives predominantly delivered through taxation concessions.
Self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) are an appealing option for business owners and individuals who want to control their superannuation assets.
Self-managed superannuation literally means just that – you in the drivers seat, controlling the course of your retirement benefits. There are many benefits to setting up your own SMSF, including:
- Tax risk management processes and strategies
- Providing strategies to optimise wealth transfers into SMSF’s from companies, trusts and individuals
- Using superannuation to minimise tax
- Transferring overseas retirement benefits into Australia
- Advising whether potential asset purchases and other transactions are allowable in superannuation
- Setting up arrangements to allow SMSF’s to borrow to invest or advising if investments to occur in a SMSF versus other entities
- Minimising tax and managing cash flows for family groups through benefit payments structuring
- Working alongside other professional advisors and preparing SMSF accounts, tax returns, pension documentation and other superannuation related paperwork for their clients.
- Preparation and lodgement of end of year accounts and income tax returns
- Preparation of annual audit
- Business Activity Statements
- Specialist technical advice
- Advice on fund compliance