Today’s mining and exploration companies across Australia and the world are presented with countless complex challenges.
From scrutiny on operational performance and profitability to competition for new mineral properties to environmental regulations and concerns, these considerations have added new layers of complexity to business decisions.
Our trusted advisors to the mining industry have strong, specialised and local knowledge to help our clients understand the constantly changing market. To be attuned with the mining industry’s needs, our advisors actively participate in discussions with the industry and also develop thought leadership to keep the sector informed on technical issues that could affect them.
Our team are leaders and trusted specialists in the provision of business and corporate advisory services to mining companies in Australia, including those with international interests.
By listening to our clients, understanding their business goals and objectives, being responsive to their requirements and providing the right advice, we have established relationships with the industry and continue to work on understanding the market place to better serve our clients.
RSM can assist with:
- Advising on complex issues including research and development incentives and operation in foreign jurisdictions
- Finding risk capital to invest into a high cost environment for new projects, particularly as the exchange rate starts to move around.
- Complex regulatory and policy changes (e.g. tax reforms, carbon pricing)
- Using cost drivers to better align cost to output and safeguard against the changing price of commodities.
- Ensuring a smooth transition when preparing and planning for operations.