David is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
David is a senior member of the RSM Perth Assurance and Advisory team and works with clients throughout Australia and Asia-Pacific. He is a trusted adviser and offers deep knowledge and understanding of the energy, mining, engineering, carbon emission, agriculture, and health sectors.
David Wall is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Prior to joining RSM, David was the paymaster at the WA State Housing Commission. Back then all pay was in cash - so he drove around the suburbs of Perth with a lot of cash in the boot and an armed security officer in the back seat. It was a lot of fun!
"My career has taken me across Australia and into many parts of the world - covering a wide range of industry sectors. This experience has provided me with the opportunity to work with clients who are keen to grow and prosper through the achievement of their business objectives using well-considered and developed strategies and systems."
David's passion for innovation has resulted in his appointment as the Chair of the RSM Innovation Committee. The success of the committee has helped nurture a strong and resilient culture of innovation at RSM - something that has helped RSM get through the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
David enjoys working with the great team at RSM to help young people develop their careers through mentoring and coaching programs as they face the ever-growing and changing challenge of achieving a proper work-life balance.
Helping with his family's involvement in theatre provides a great escape from his professional career and is a rewarding way to invest in people. David is a fan of AFL, and is proud to be one of the 100,000 stong West Coast supporters hoping the Eagles win another premiership soon.
Solutions David provides
David provides advisory, audit, risk, and controls services to public and private sector organisations. He has been the team leader for a number of key assignments, including information systems audit, IT audit, change management, and business continuity. His principal areas of practice include:
- financial statement audit and accounting
- profit and not for profit entities
- risk assessment and management
- internal controls audit and advice
- corporate governance and business structures
- David has worked with the RSM External Audit Services team to complete the recent financial statement audit of Synergy on behalf of the Western Australian Office of the Auditor General (OAG). The audit required a substantial amount of planning, coordination, technical accounting expertise, and information system audit skills. RSM collaborated with the OAG and Synergy's senior management team to deliver the audit on time and on budget. David has the proven ability to exceed the Auditor General’s expectations and can quickly align with the business of the agencies he is auditing. David fully understands the importance of assigning audit teams with the right mix of core audit talent, subject matter expertise, and business acumen.
- Introduced the Corporate Finance team at RSM to Kalium Lakes Limited to provide investigating accounting services to the recent successful Prospectus to raise approximately $61 million.
- Worked with the Risk Advisory Services team at RSM to provide ATCO Australia with specialist energy sector expertise. The services included carbon emissions assurance services and specialist internal audit services.
- Trustee for the Committee for Economic Development in Australia (CEDA)
- Chair of the RSM Australia National Innovation Committee
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia
- Member, Information Systems Audit and Controls Association
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting and Management (The University of Western Australia)
- Graduate of The Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Executive Master of Business Administration (The University of Western Australia)
- Registered company auditor
- Registered greenhouse and energy auditor
- Registered cooperative company auditor