Stephen is a senior manager of the Restructuring & Recovery division in Melbourne and an ARITA professional member.
He has over 11 years of experience in assisting with the provision of advice to individuals and corporations, creditors, and government agencies, with a focus on practical and commercial solutions.
Solutions Stephen provides
Stephen can assist with a wide range of recovery solutions, whether this be an informal, scope specific engagement, or in the form of an external administration as governed by the bankruptcy and corporations legislation.
His specialisations include voidable transaction claims, solvency reviews, bankruptcies and personal insolvency agreements, voluntary windings up and windings up by the court, receiverships and other controllerships, voluntary administrations with a view to executing a deed of company arrangement, and investigative accountant and forensic roles.
- Conducting complex investigations and pursuing litigation actions, including:
- planning and supervision of proceedings against approximately 70 preferred creditors, which were being case managed as part of a group proceeding, to set aside as voidable transactions payments of more than $50 million; and
- obtaining funding from ASIC’s Assetless Administration Fund to carry out investigations and obtain evidence to establish breaches of directors’ obligations, prepare supplementary Section 533 reports and obtain director bannings.
- Producing Section 439A reports to creditors for voluntary administrations of listed corporations and large corporate groups.
- Determining whether security interests have been perfected and fall within the definition of Personal Property Securities Act retention of title property, or whether the collateral is available for a liquidator to distribute.
- Reviewing discrepancies in valuations and sales of equipment and goodwill to establish whether a contract of sale is voidable as an uncommercial transaction.
- Taking a leading role in the conduct of the trade-on of listed corporations and large corporate groups in voluntary administration.
- Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Professional (RITP), Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Australian legal practitioner (admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor and officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria)
- Master of Laws – Major Thesis (Deakin University)
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (La Trobe University)