Steve is a Partner of the Assurance & Advisory division in Brisbane, joining RSM with over 28 years’ experience. Steve’s experience is in external audit, accounting assistance, control and governance processes, finance, and business transformation, due diligence, IPOs, and forensic/special investigations.
Steve is respected by clients and the market for the practical application of his considerable experience, his passion, and his reputation for developing strong, lasting relationships.
Steve’s driving passion is for people – staff, colleagues, and clients – and helping them achieve the very best out of themselves and their teams. He is a well renowned and sought-after mentor/coach, with a reputation for ‘talking straight’ and authentic leadership.
Steve is a family man who enjoys keeping fit, the odd fine wine and dining, sport, music, and cooking with his teenage kids.
Steve Stavrou is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
- Audit partner on ASX listed, multinationals, large privates, and SMEs
- Significant audit experience in the mining and energy sectors, retail (food franchises), health and aged care, tourism and hospitality, and public sector
- Lead Audit partner contracted to Queensland Audit Office on several of Queensland’s largest Government Owned Corporations, Hospital and Health Services, other agencies/bodies, and on over 15 local governments
- Lead partner on multi-disciplined Finance Transformation project in the aged care sector
- Nine-month full-time contract with Government Agency to provide advice on Digital Transformation program, project management, strategy, governance, and process improvement
- Supreme Court expert witness on accounting/finance matters in two matters
- Lead partner on the forensic investigation into a publicised fraud at a major organisation
SOLUTIONS STEVE PROVIDES
Steve provides solutions in the following areas:
- External audit and other/tailored assurance
- Due diligence reviews and IPOs
- Finance and business transformation
- Finance function effectiveness and health-checks
- Financial management consulting
- Process improvement reviews and business process automation
- Fraud/forensic investigations
- Risk management and corporate governance reviews
- Shared services reviews
- Court expert witness reports
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)