Sumit has more than 15 years of experience in management consulting, working with private sector and, state and federal government clients.
Sumit specialises in policy formulation, strategic analysis, operating model design, business process improvement, Supply Chain Optimisation, large-scale digital transformation, customer experience and end-to-end process performance analysis and benchmarking.
Having worked with management consulting practices at EY, Deloitte, Capgemini and IDS Scheer, Sumit has developed a deep understanding of industry better practices, structured problem solving and leading teams with diverse streams.
Sumit is a certified BPM and Lean Six Sigma expert, with a demonstrated track record in sustainable cost reduction engagement while promoting a reuse of the resources at the organisation’s disposal.
Led by the voice of customer and customer experience, Sumit follows a 'measure first' approach for identifying the low-effort improvements, followed by a more profound organisational change.
Skills and Expertise
Sumit has led a number of projects in public health, retail, finance and Human Services. Key areas of expertise:
- Corporate strategy and operational improvement
- Sustainable cost reduction techniques
- Business process, performance improvement, using LEAN Six Sigma, BPM and BPR methods
- Customer journeys and user-centered designt
- Lean ICT strategy and operations for efficiency in the cost-to-build ICT solutions
- Enterprise architecture (design and implementation)
- MS Office, ARIS business process analysis suite, Tableau, IBM Watson
- ERP/SAP Implementation blueprints
Experience / Significant projects
- Identified more than $300m in savings at Medicare
- Realised more than $5m of savings at NSW Government shared-services programme
- Designed business processes and operational blueprint for whole of NSW gov. shared services reforms (CSSRP)
- Supply Chain processes and operating model redesign at Fonterra, Foodstuffs and Woolworths
- Redesign IT procurement processes for ANU
- Headed the Lean IT streams for reduced cost of building IT solutions at the Child Support, Aged Care and Welfare Transformation programmes
- Standardised logistics processes for cost savings and improved competitive advantage through process automation at Foodstuffs
- Prior to joining RSM, Sumit led Business architecture consulting practice at EY
- Contributed heavily to public health through strategic analysis, policy design and performance improvement at Medicare (DHS & Dept. of Health)
- ASQ, APQC and Gartner
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
- Lean Six Sigma