Xiaowen Shi is a Partner in the China Practice Group at RSM Australia’s Perth Office specialising in cross-border transactions, market entry strategies, mergers and acquisitions and international tax advisory.
Xiaowen has extensive experience across industries including manufacturing, agribusiness, and the mining/ resources sector.
With a strong Chinese business network and fluency in Chinese, Xiaowen uses exceptional cross-cultural acumen to service clients with business operations in Australia and China.
Xiaowen leverages her expertise in both commercial and cross-cultural affairs to successfully advise multinational, Chinese state-owned enterprises and listed companies through all stages of their investment cycle in Australia.
Prior to joining RSM in 2019, Xiaowen held independent board member positions with both listed and unlisted companies. She has provided business consultancy to many Australian agrifood suppliers on Chinese market entry strategies and was a Senior International Tax Advisor at the EY Perth office.
Xiaowen Shi is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions XIaOWEN PROVIDES
Xiaowen provides advisory services to both inbound and outbound investments with expertise in:
- Assisting inbound international clients with commercially practical and innovative solutions, market entry strategies and Australian compliance and reporting obligations
- Assisting Australian businesses seeking market entry into China and facilitating connections with reputable business advisors and partners
- Assisting start-up businesses, raising seed capital and securing cornerstone and strategic investors
Xiaowen has provided comprehensive Australian tax advisory services to a range of major Australian inbound clients, including:
- China Minmetals and China Metallurgical Corporation
- Sinospec and Sinopec Star Petroleum
- Citic Construction
- China ENFI Engineering Corporation
- MCC Northern Engineering and Technology Corporation
- Sinoenergy Corporation
- Sinosteel Equipment Engineering Group
- Subsea 7
- SapuraAcergy Group
Xiaowen has undertaken a number of challenging assignments for Australian listed and private businesses working extensively in China to develop commercially sound solutions.
Xiaowen’s insightful and dynamic approach produces diversity of thinking, innovative perspectives and the implementation of successful, profitable and strategic outcomes for clients.
- Fellow, The Tax Institute
- Member, Charted Accountants Australia and NewZealand
- Council Member, Western Australian Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Registered Tax Agent
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Master of Professional Accounting