We have the higher education experience, direct access (through RSM in the US) to US expertise, and people experienced in assisting and undertaking audits to ensure appropriate acquittal of your US Government sourced funds.
The OMB recently issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Grant Guidance or Guidance). The Uniform Grant Guidance supersedes and streamlines requirements from eight different federal grant circulars into one set of guidance contained in Title 2 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
The acquittal of US Government research grants requires a detailed knowledge of the requirements of:
- US Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Grant Guidance or Guidance).
- preparation of the Statement of Federal Awards (SEFA)
- US Auditing Standard SAS - 117
- compliance Audits (encompassing UGG compliance)
RSM's expertise in the higher education sector
Led by Warwick Spargo, our team has significant experience in providing assurance compliance services to the higher education sector through:
- UGG audits at 3 large Australian Universities
- acquittal of many specific purpose grants received from various investors
- insurance audits of temperature controlled environments
- governance framework advice and reviews
- risk assessment and assurance
- budget builds and reviews
This experience provides you with the ability to 'hit the ground running' and have effective dialogue across the university (differing faculties).
This ensures that all your obligations can be met with a professional, timely and cost effective outcome.