In good news for Dairy Farmers, funding is now available through the WA Farmers Dairy Industry Fund and the Woolworths Dairy Innovation Fund.
The Dairy Industry Fund, funded through sales of WAFarmersFirst milk, has grants from $1,000 to $5,000 to fund a project that directly benefits the WA Dairy Industry. Areas being funded included:
- Supporting research, development, and educational scholarships
- Supporting market development or access
- Promoting the industry
- Supporting people with business skills and the development of industry leadership
- Supporting advocacy
Applications close 31st January 2021 and details can be obtained from Laura Stocker – [email protected].
Woolworths has announced the launch of the Woolworths Dairy Innovation Fund with $5m in grants available, maximum of $100,000 over 3 years per grant recipient.
All Australian dairy farmers who contribute to the Woolworths dairy supply chain (directly or indirectly) are eligible to apply, provided they have not previously received funding from this fund.
The grants can be used for a number of projects to improve dairy farm operations, including the following:
- water infrastructure (eg. improvements to irrigation, storage, bores, troughs, shed hygiene, and recycling);
- fodder infrastructure (eg. storage, machinery, fodder mixers);
- initiatives that improve on-farm sustainability, including ag-tech solutions and initiatives that improve animal health, welfare, and milk quality; and
- IT upgrades and training.
Applications close 16th February 2021.