Translation Stream - Round 2
The Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI) is a $1.3 billion initiative targeted at all businesses growing Australia’s Manufacturing capacity, building scale, and supply chain resilience.
It will operate for four years from 2020-21 to 2023-24 and is the signature program of the Australian Federal Government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy, which was announced at the October 2020 Federal Budget.
ARE YOU AN AUSTRALIAN MANUFACTURER UNDERTAKING LARGE-SCALE MANUFACTURING PROJECTS IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING NATIONAL MANUFACTURING PRIORITY AREAS?
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
- Food and Beverage
- Medical Products
- Recycling and Clean Energy
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE MMI TRANSLATION STREAM ROUND 2 ARE TO:
The MMI Translation Stream will target and support projects that translate high-quality research into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale up and be more competitive and resilient.
It will provide businesses with the opportunity to adopt new technologies and improve their manufacturing processes to boost productivity and competitiveness.
- Invest in strategic projects that will increase commercialisation and translation activities, embrace technology, innovation and automation;
- Using high value manufacturing processes and techniques, or related high value-added activities to commercialise a product, process or service;
- Grow production and manufacturing activities; and
- Bring commercial outcomes to new and existing markets, value chains and customers.
The MMI Translation Stream will provide co-funded grant amounts of between $1 million to $20 million with the grant amount to be up to 50% of eligible project expenditure.