Anthony is a director of Business Advisory and managing partner of the Sydney Office.
He has more than 15 years experience in the accounting profession. Anthony also has experience in commercial roles such as the chief financial officer of a wine company and a retail fashion chain.
Anthony Smith is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Anthony provides
Anthony’s accounting, taxation and business advisory experience is combined with a results driven focus. He works closely with clients to deliver practical and timely advice to help them realise their business objectives.
Anthony is able to assist small and medium enterprises in all areas of:
- accounting and taxation services
- GST advice and assistance
- business acquisitions and sale
- business planning and restructuring
- capital raising and financing
- insurance claim preparation
- management reporting and performance measurement
- growth strategies
- CFO for the family enterprises of David Clarke AO, former Chairman and co-founder of Macquarie Group. The Clarke family enterprises included the Poole’s Rock wine company (makers of the Cockfighter’s Ghost brand of wines), Rock Restaurant and event promotions company, Champions Downunder which held the inaugural ATP Champions tennis event in Sydney.
- A Sydney manufacturing enterprise, whose factory premises were destroyed by fire, required his assistance with business insurance claims, arranging interim working capital, obtaining long-term capital financing, negotiating payment terms with suppliers and restructuring of the business organisation. Within three months, the enterprise was operating from new premises, with new equipment and increased production capacity.
- Advised a major professional hair care distributor and manufacturer, with turnover in excess of $50m, in relation to a potential strategic acquisition of an off-shore enterprise.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Business - University of Technology, Sydney