David joined RSM as a consultant in February 2016 and has over 34 years’ experience as a Chartered Accountant in public practice, with over 25 of those years at Partner/ Consultant level.
David has acted for small and medium size businesses in a wide range of industries and professions, as well as pastoral and agricultural enterprises across Australia. He is now using this hands-on commercial experience as the foundation for his forensic accounting, litigation support, and valuation assignments.
Solutions David Provides
- Forensic accounting and valuation assignments, including:
- valuations of small and medium enterprises and entities
- loss assessments for commercial matters
- family law matters (including single expert appointments, and assistance with accounting and taxation issues in orders)
- asset tracing
- provision of expert evidence in Federal Circuit Court, Supreme Court of Queensland, and Supreme Court of NSW
- Transactional work particularly dealing with purchase and sale of businesses and entities, equity changes in businesses, and implementation of succession plans.
- due diligence engagements
- assistance with commercial negotiations
- agribusiness services including property acquisitions and disposal, profit and cash flow forecasts, debt structuring and restructuring and family succession (experience as owner operator of beef cattle, irrigated cotton and grain growing enterprises)
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow, The Tax Institute
- Member, Queensland Association of Fire Investigators
- Bachelor of Business (Accy) DDIAE
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies (Accounting) – Monash University