David Talbot is a Partner of the Audit & Assurance division in Sydney.
He has over 25 years of experience in professional practice and has worked extensively with high growth companies, particularly private equity, and listed multinational companies across many sectors including funds and fund management, information technology, property and construction. David has significant expertise in the audit of groups operating under shared service centre models.
"For more than 25 years it has been my privilege to work with a vast array of clients and industries both in the local and overseas market. I thrive on the challenges of ensuring clients meet their obligations in a world of regulation that is constantly evolving".
Before joining RSM Australia in 2012, David was a Partner of the Audit & Assurance division at RSM in London . David was also a member of the International IFRS Champions Group between 2005 and 2012.
He is an early bird, getting his best work done early in the morning, and enjoys watching football, especially EPL.
David Talbot is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions David provides
David has extensive experience delivering audit and assurance services to clients in a variety of industries including:
- proprietary traders
- investment funds and hedge funds
- business services
- professional service firms
He has been involved in a significant number of transactions including mergers and acquisitions and IPOs, including cross-border transactions.
David is involved in delivering assurance and advisory related services covering:
- financial audits
- financial reporting
- internal control reviews
- financial due diligence
- reporting accounting for IPO
- accounting advice
- David has extensive experience as a lead auditor for listed and private equity backed multinational group and working on trans-national transactions.
- David has significant experience with technical accounting advisory work in relation to IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- BA (Hons) Accountancy