John is a Partner of the Audit & Assurance division in Ballarat. John has over 25 years audit experience and works closely with both for-profit and not-for-profit clients from the private and public sectors. Examples of the industries include:
- local government
- aged care
- finance and investment
- trust accounts including solicitor
- real estate and accountants
Prior to joining RSM in Ballarat in May 2016, John was an audit partner with Crowe Horwath in Ballarat from April 2012 to May 2016. John previously worked for the Department of Treasury and Finance from January 2011 to April 2012 on secondment from the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO). Working there for 14 months he was a senior member of the Secretariat supporting the Independent Review of State Finances Panel (IFRS). John was an Assistant Auditor-General with the VAGO from April 2007 where he was responsible for the Financial Audit Business Unit with a client base of 570 and $20 million turnover. Prior to moving to Victoria, John had 24 years in the Queensland public sector with nine years in senior audit roles with the Queensland Audit Office.
John Findlay is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions JOHN PROVIDES
John assists clients with:
- providing expert financial audit services
- technical accounting advice
- preparation of financial statements
- conduct of grant acquittals
- financial statement, compliance and risk management reviews
- internal control and accounting system reviews
- advising boards and committees on matters of corporate governance
- John is an audit service provider to the Victorian Auditor-General and has had extensive experience in both the Victorian and Queensland public sectors.
- During 2011-12 as a senior member of the IFRS executive, John led the panel’s review of potential service delivery reforms within the then named departments of Human Services, Justice and Planning and Community Development.
Fellow, CPA Australia
Affiliate Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (MIIA)
Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
Registered Company Auditor (RCA)
Registered Self-Managed Superannuation Fund Auditor
Public Practice Certificate, CPA Australia
Master of Business (Accountancy), Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Business (Accountancy), Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
Graduate Diploma in Company Secretarial Practice, Chartered Secretaries Australia