Pippa is a Risk Advisory Partner with RSM Australia in Perth.
Pippa Hobson has over 20 years of internal and external audit and risk consulting experience, as well as gaining commercial experience as finance manager of a large fund’s management organisation. She has worked extensively with clients in both the public and private sectors, providing audit, enterprise risk management and governance services, internal controls reviews and process redesign, regulatory and financial targeted reviews, and Sarbanes Oxley control reviews.
Pippa's industry experience covers utilities, state and local government, health and aged care, financial services, manufacturing, and resources.
Pippa is also experienced in and is passionate about understanding how an organisation's culture impacts its performance and conformance.
It is this experience that allows Pippa to provide a no-nonsense approach to finding innovative and commercial ways to reduce risk, find opportunities for improvement and meet compliance requirements, together with achieving the client's business objectives.
Pippa Hobson is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
- Department of Fire & Emergency Services
- Office of Public Prosecutor
- Public Sector Commission
- City of Vincent
- City of Swan
- Western Power
- Southern Cross Engineering
- Gold Roads
- Pippa has provided internal audit services to a number of public and private sector entities. Pippa has hands-on experience in leading teams as well as planning, management, and execution of annual internal audit plans. Many of these organisations had high level of regulatory compliance, giving her a good understanding of regulation and compliance.
- Risk Management - Pippa has been responsible for supporting clients develop and implement risk frameworks for a number of public and not for profit entities, this has included the delivery of risk frameworks, identifying and articulating risk appetites and the development of risk registers.
- Governance - Pippa has been engaged on several government projects to recommend and/or develop the governance frameworks and supporting collateral.This has included the review and development of a new Governance Division for one of Perth’s largest
Councils and Government Agencies. These assignments included a consideration of the effectiveness of current staff and staff accountabilities; and the design of new processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Organisational transformation projects - Pippa participated in the development and implementation of new regulatory frameworks within the financial services industry, including the Privacy Act and Financial Services Legislation. This included developing an understanding of the regulatory requirements, understanding the gap in the organisation and planning the implementation and rollout of the new requirements
- Risk & reward procedures - Pippa has been responsible for procedures to ensure that the risk and reward computations in respect to a utility contract was appropriate. This included checking performance against set criteria regarding quality and reliability of supply
- Pippa has been engaged to review the risk culture and integrity of organisations. This has included looking at behaviours throughout the organisation, alignment with values and risk appetite; as well as providing recommendations for improvement.
- Member Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Insitute of Company Directors
- Associate Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Australia (Council Member)
- Member - Risk Management Institute of Australia
- Graduate, Australia Insititute of Company Directors
- Bachelor of Accounting, University of Natal, South Africa
- Registered Company Auditor
- Accredited Practitioner: Life Styles Inventory (culture tool)