Grooming is a key part of the disposal process.
The presentation of the business at the time of sale is critical to maximising its value. To achieve the best possible price, all vendors should ensure that potential purchasers can easily recognise the value of what they are about to buy.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that all aspects of the business are considered prior to offering the business for sale.
Whilst the scope of our grooming work is tailored to the individual needs of each of our clients, aspects reviewed during the grooming process include:
- review of legal structure
- critical appraisal of business performance and non essential expenditure
- review of financial position, funding arrangements and non business critical assets
- analysis of non-essential assets
- review of material and/or onerous contracts
- review of financial systems and management reporting
- analysis of key employees and review of employment contracts
Ideally the grooming process should commence 12 months prior the proposed date of sale.