"Because my work aligns with my raison d'être or 'just cause', which is to contribute to the advancement of science, I feel a sense of fulfillment doing what I do and have a lot of fun along the way."
Before joining RSM, Rita worked at a mid-tier accounting firm for 6 years where she was responsible for establishing the dedicated R&D Tax Incentive service line. Prior to this, Rita learned the black art of the R&D Tax Incentive at a 'Big 4' firm for 11 years, and in the early days of her career, worked as a research scientist at BHP working on developing a titanium plant.
Rita is a self-confessed science nerd (and fashionista). Her superpower is being able to connect with scientists and engineers to understand their projects well enough to describe them in detail for the R&D Tax Incentive or grant applications.
When she's not working, you might find Rita shopping, at the theatre, traveling, or at one of her favourite restaurants.
Rita Choueiri is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
SOLUTIONS RITA CHOUEIRI PROVIDES
- R&D Tax Incentive advice
- Export Market Development Grants and other project-based state and federal grant programs
- Assisting international companies with accessing Australia’s R&D Tax Incentive program for conducting eligible R&D activities in Australia.
- Assisting companies that self-claim, or use other R&D advisors, navigate regulatory reviews conducted by AusIndustry or the ATO on their R&D Tax Incentive claims. For example, Rita assisted a software company to overturn a negative Finding it received from a ‘Big 4’ professional services firm for its R&D claim.
- Helping companies align their research activities with the requirements of the R&D Tax Incentive to assist companies to prepare low-risk R&D claims.
- Affiliate, Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Recipient, Fulbright Scholarship 2001