Margaret is an Associate Director in the Audit and Assurance division in Canberra. She is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years local and international experience in audit and accounting.
Margaret has significant private sector experience having worked in three different countries being South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Margaret started her career at KPMG in South Africa, also working for BDO for a period. Private sector experience was gained in the finance department of Toyota South Africa before moving to New Zealand and Australia.
"I am passionate about helping people navigate complex superannuation legislation so they can achieve their goals"
Outside of work Lauren is pilates obsessed and does it at least three times a week.
Lauren's quirky trait is she works best under pressure - the higher the expectations, the better!
Solutions Margaret provides
Margaret has extensive experience across the Federal Government as well as private sector entities in the following areas:
- Financial Statement Audit
- Financial Management Consulting
- Financial Management
- Margaret works with trustees to manage the compliance for their SMSFs and provide them with consulting services on a range of superannuation areas including asset acquisitions, pension strategies and estate planning. I also work with a number of professionals including accountants and financial advisers to support them in meeting their SMSF client's needs.
- Margaret has worked as agent for the Commonwealth Auditor General to conduct audits of public sector entities on their behalf.
- Margaret also performs financial statement audits of numerous private sector organisations.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours, University of Pretoria, South Africa