Martin is a Principal in the Assurance and Advisory division in Melbourne.
He has an abundance of experience in providing quality audit and technical accounting advice to a wide range of public sector clients and not-for-profit organisations.
Prior to joining RSM, Martin started his career in the Victorian Auditor-General's office and worked on the audits of major transport projects, including the east link, Southern Cross station, and myki, as well as the audit of state financial statements and review of the state budget. Furthermore, he has been involved in a variety of audits across many sectors of government, including education, hopsital, Public Financial Corporations, and Public Non-financial Corporations.
My career has always had a focus on collaboration - working collaboratively with clients and teams to a common understanding that delivers the optimal outcome.
Martin has been an avid soccer fan since he watched his first World Cup game on TV as a 6-year-old. Along with soccer, Martin has keen interest in renewable energy and in particular solar.
SOLUTIONS MARTIN PROVIDES
Martin provides a wide range of audits of general purpose financial statements in compliance with the AASs, Financial Management Act 1994 and the Financial Reporting Directions (FRDs) in the following sectors:
- University and Further Educations
- Insurance and Superannuation
Martin also provides technical advisory in accounting and financial reporting matters, including:
- Accounting advice in relation to revenue recognition, lease transactions, and asset recognitions
- Assistance with the preparation of financial reports to ensure full compliance with AASs and FRDs
- Undertaking reviews of internal control and accounting system reviews utilising COST framework, benchmarking, and data analytics
- Assistance to clients on the impact of new accounting standards, including providing support on how to prepare for the new accounting standards
- Responsible for audit of large insurance companies and superannuation funds with combined assets and liabilities of over $100 billion.
- Designed and performed payroll data analytics for entities with over 5,000 employees, significantly improve their audit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience with auditing of large transactions including $9.7 billion “privatisation” transaction (medium-term lease) of the Port of Melbourne, and hedging arrangement of Power Purchase Agreements for a large solar farm.
- Experience in providing technical accounting advice including the preparation of financial statements, adoption of AASB 9 Financial Instruments, AASB 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, AASB 1058 Income of Not-for-Profit Entities and AASB 16 Leases.
- Member of the Insitute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice