As a Principal of the Audit and Assurance division in Sydney, Peter is armed with an in-depth knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) as well as more than 11 years of experience delivering external audit and assurance services to ASX listed entities, large private companies, foreign-owned subsidiaries and local government councils.
Peter has extensive experience in applying the RSM audit methodology and he also had the opportunity to represent RSM Australia as part of its global rollout in 2019.
When asked what motivates him at work, Peter says he enjoys developing relationships and working with people – not just with the client but with the members of the audit team as well.
"I appreciate the variety in our client base. This ensures that we are constantly developing and adapting."
Prior to RSM, Peter worked as a bookkeeper for a shipping company and one of his most important tasks was to be at the bottle shop by 11 am every Friday to collect drinks for the team. He was also midway through a university degree in computing before coding got the better of him.
Peter is an early riser and is most productive first thing in the morning. A fan of the great outdoors, Peter's fitness routine these days also includes chasing after his two young children.
Solutions peter provides
Peter has been responsible for audit assignments for clients from a range of industries, including:
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Agricultural co-operatives
- Mining and exploration
- Professional service firms
- Not-for-profit entities
Peter also provides technical advice to audit committees, boards and management on technical accounting matters such as the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Planning and executing audits and advisory services to a large number of clients with international operations, acting as the group or component auditor.
- Working as an agent for the Audit Office of NSW to conduct audits of public sector entities on their behalf.
- Managing and coordinating global audit assignments for both ASX listed and large multinational groups.
- Assisting organisations with improving their internal control framework.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered company auditor
- Bachelor of Commerce - Macquarie University