Rhys is a Director of the Business Advisory division in Canberra, specialising in the areas of strategic business advice and taxation. Rhys assists his clients across a broad range of tax and fringe benefit tax issues that businesses face in their day to day operations. After joining RSM Australia in 2000, Rhys has developed a wealth of experience with a mixed portfolio of commercial, and not for profit sector clients, including professional associations and clubs.
Rhys is in charge of the internal accounting functions for a range of clients ranging from large private and public companies, professional associations to foreign controlled investment companies. He is responsible for the supervision of staff working on these clients to ensure a high standard of work, along with providing GST, FBT, salary packaging advice, and other income tax advice.
Rhys Kyburz is a Partner of RSM Australia Partners and a Director of RSM Australia Pty Ltd.
Solutions Rhys provides
- Preparation of income tax returns and financials for individuals and SME's (including companies, trusts and partnerships) for reporting and non-reporting entities
- Preparation, calculation and review of payroll tax liabilities for grouped and non-grouped businesses operating in all states and territories in Australia
- Advanced skills and knowledge of FBT legislation, including the salary packaging advice, preparation and management of all FBT returns in RSM's Canberra office
- Interpretation and advice of the ITAA and GST on issues such as: residency, income and deductions
- Preparation of BAS and IAS returns and GST advice to clients, including PAYGI and PAYGW calculations
- Accountant for several industry, community based and not for profit organisations
Rhys also provides consultation on projects including:
- member voluntaries windups (company liquidations)
- loss of profit/business interruption claims
- business valuations and ATO private rulings
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)