Emily Bowd joined RSM in 2015 and has over 15 years of experience in professional services firms in both Canberra and London UK.
She has specialised in leading and delivering Legislative Compliance Framework Engagements, control framework reviews; Internal audit services (with a specific focus on organisational performance and financial management reviews), benchmarking, and process improvement projects.
Emily is a people person and thrives when she gets the opportunity to work face to face with clients.
"My biggest motivation is to deliver high-quality outcomes to all clients regardless of size and the problem that assists to solve and also to provide opportunities for my team to thrive and grow and supporting them in their career path, wherever it takes them."
When Emily wants to unwind you can usually find her near the water and she is a passionate water sports enthusiast.
Solutions Emily provides
Emily has significant experience in providing internal and external audit advice to clients in both the public and private sectors. Her other areas of expertise include:
- Internal Audit/Assurance Advisory Services
- Assurance Services
- Legislative Compliance
- Financial Management
- Financial Statement Audit
- Program Evaluation
- Risk Management
- Business Process Improvement and Analysis
Throughout her career, Emily has worked across major projects by government agencies including:
- Leading the delivery of Assurance Advisory Services to a major government agency including the development and implementation of compliance frameworks, compliance plans, complex risk assessments, and assurance frameworks.
- Leading the delivery of strategic internal audit programs and reviews for a range of medium to larger agencies, including Strategic Internal Audit Program (SIAP) development, ensuring regular communication, quality assurance on deliverables, and performance of a number of Internal Audits including (but not limited to):
- Development of a program of ongoing data analytics across both performance and compliance elements
- Project management health checks on various projects and programs
- Compliance reviews
- Quality assurance framework assessments
- Program effectiveness reviews
- Workforce planning and development
- Corporate services benchmarking effectiveness review
- PGPA/PSPF compliance assessments
- Facilitation and management of complex risk management workshops and preparation of the resulting risk assessment
- Assurance engagements for energy retailers
- Complex contract compliance reviews and audits
- Detailed financial management controls mapping and process improvement engagements across various agencies.
- Assessment of Disaster Recovery Plans and Business Continuity Plans.
- Federal Government Benchmarking for Corporate Services - Emily was a key driver in developing and managing the delivery of the first annual Federal Government Benchmarking study on Corporate Services – understanding the relative performance, priorities and strategies being employed across corporate services functions in the Australian public sector. This required significant internal and external stakeholder engagement to gain an understanding of data inputs and outputs.
Emily also manages a number of public sector external audits on behalf of the Australian National Audit Office. This provides a unique insight into complex financial management frameworks that government agencies use.
Emily finds that all engagements that we undertake are different to the next, all clients have unique and challenging situations for seemingly straightforward topics. This is what is most exciting about working in Risk Advisory professional services.
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Associate Member, Institute of Internal Auditors, Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Canberra
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting, CAANZ
- Six Sigma white belt certified
- PRINCE2 Foundation certified